Manicure: Get these silver tips
Anuka teaches how she did her Chanukah manicure. Thought to share with you.
– Base and accent polishes of choice. I used Ulta Wild Night for the base and Sally Hansen Celeb City for the tips
– Striping tape in any color (I bought mine on ebay, just search “striping tape” if interested)
– Scotch tape or painter’s tape
– Apply desired number of coats of your base color
– Allow polish to dry completely!
– Once the polish is dry, apply a piece of striping tape a desired distance from the tip.
– Place a piece of scotch or painter’s tape a desired distance from the striping tape.
– Paint the tip of the nail with the accent polish, making sure to cover all tape free areas of the nail
– Carefully remove the scotch tape
NOTE: Do not wait for the polish to dry, remove the tape right away.
– Remove the striping tape to reveal the double lines
– Add a top coat and you are done!
NOTE: when doing a full manicure, paint and un-tape one nail at a time. Doing multiple nails at a time will increase the chance that the polish starts to set and the tape will not come off cleanly.